Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 71 o el Dia sesenta uno

I carefully placed the batteries into the recorder and tickled with excitement as I pushed the buttons to record. My recorder had worked swell after all. As I heard my voice on the other end talk out loud, I became aware and awed. I knew what I needed to work on now that I spoke the sentences outloud in spanish. My rrrr's needed work and words needed speed. But I was pleasently surprised at myself to hear how well I sounded. I had that Boricua sabor sprinkled on it. Hey, I thought, this is fun! I have been doing that now for 3 nights, right before I go to bed. Habits are formed, they just don't happen. So now it becomes apart of my routine. Although I work two jobs and squeeze in anytime I can find, it is still a challenge. Remembering how to say certain things and getting stuck, mental blocks. I try and am faithful to the learning process. Poco a poco.

"Rafael, I'm going to your church on Wednesday."
It was Tuesday evening at the real estate office. My co-agent was happy to hear that I wanted to go to his church. It was La Iglesia Bautista Hispana de Hollywood. The little quaint church sat on a side street in Hollywood with doors open, ready to service. It was all spanish and understood bits and peices. I said to Rafael, "You are going to have to translate this." Oracion he told me is to be in prayer. I understood "Por Gloria de Jesus" y "Bendiciones" y "Gracias a Dios" y "Gracias Senor". It was a different experience. Singing canciones en esapnol to Praise the almighty. The words fell easy on my tongue and my mouth knew how to shape them. At least I knew how to read and pronounce the words, of course not understanding some, but proud that I understood most of the song. We gathered in groups of prayer and an older lady started praying in Spanish aloud, while I kneeled at the bench and bowed my head in prayer. I prayed some in spanish and most in english. God knew I was trying and he showed me. As I prayed, an uncontrolable gentle sway came over my entire body. I didn't open my eyes, just a slight, and there was no one moving the bench and no earthquake. I let the Holy Ghost proceed. It was a swaying, nothing forceful. My forehead became hot within an instant and then went. I knew this new church had a strong presense with the Lord. The Holy Spirit was really on me and knew it wanted me to know it was listening. As we finished, I felt touched. Our bible study was on Preparando al Soldado. When it was over we thanked everyone, a kind gentleman told me, this bible study really wasn't for you. As far as talking about evangelism goes.
"Dios te Bendiga, tenga buenas noches!"
The night had cooled like peppermint and we felt en paz. I was happy I had enough boldness to attend a Bible Study in spanish. It was fun and different. I learned that I need to really work on understanding my spanish. It is a work in progress, but when we have Faith, we have hope and trust in something we believe will work for us. Whether it be people, things, or circumstances. We all have hope in things unseen and that hope brings miracles to our lives, poco o grande. It's all now about making the time and concentrating to make it happen. Buenas noches...

No comments:

Post a Comment