Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 55 o el Dia cincuentacinco

Everyone has their beliefs and religions. The world is that of a mixture of flavors. We can not say what is better. For myself, renewing my faith and soul searching has helped me alot on finding who I am and doing the best with what God has given me. Understanding I am not her or him. I am a unique individual in which was made apart from another. I would'nt want to be perfect. I have faults and likes that may not find it to the religious as holy or tamed. I strive everyday now to make smarter decisions and keep a more peaceful world about me. At the beginning of the year, some start off with resolutions that help them walk towards the right direction. I, for example, am fasting for the first time. In attending a non donominational church last year, I have been pressing forth into God and knowing Jesus. It's a transition to the "sinful" world we live in to the world of Christ. I, personally feel we are all created to go to our maximum levels with Faith and what God can do with us to certain degrees. Like the climates. Some are frigid as alaska, but the people and animals are accustomed to the way of living, the environment. And others like the creatures that inhabit the Sahara Desert, the rainforests, the inner cities. Everything is from the heart, the survival, the way we deal with what is given to us. We can go high as our Faith and God allows us to go. Yesterday, being my 2nd day on the fast, with prayer and church and nothing but liquids entering my body, in my kitchen and into my laptop fell my hands. My lightbulb went on. I remembered over my freind, Margarita's house one morning, while getting ready for church, she had played this one song, La Nina de tus Ojos by Daniel Calveti. I remembered it yesterday and quickly looked it up. I played it over and over and las palabras were easy. There were just a few I had to look up. Margarita told me just what La Nina De Tus Ojos meant. the jewel or apple of your eye. Meaning the great love God and Jesus has for his believers. I loved that song so much and was also touched by the holy spirit that, I happen to be writing a blog of being Boricua, that Daniel Calveti lives and has his family and ministered in Puerto Rico! I knew God wanted me to hear that song and say..hey this is just to add to my glory and to your blog. I was overjoyed, as I have been lately to find out about this. I have Praised the Lord and he has sent me another learning tool. Since I am learning spanish through songs as it is, I am now Glorifying God and learning my missed language. God is amazing! Well then as I sung with Praise along with the song, I quickly ordered the cd without hesitation. Pues, eso es todo por ahora. I am not the preaching type, being a realist and all. We are all different. And I am not all softie by the least. I am real. I have experienced turmoil and setback and hardships in my life. Grew up being both street and book smart. Knowing both sides of the fence, never fitting in with the "popular" crowd or being an overacheiver or knowing too much like a doctor or lawyer nor did I come from a 2 parent Christian home in the suburbs with a white picket fence. My family is loud and unorthodoxed, creative. Smothered with out of control chaos and simmered down with pockets of air of peace. A mother with love and a "I don't care what you think of me" attitude and an eccentric papa. I know what the world has dealt us all and what the religious world has in it as well. We are all in this world, we just have to be who God intended us to be in it. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment